In recent days, the Report of the Directorate General for Health - Lombardy Region was suddenly and inexplicably removed with the adverse reactions to the HPV vaccine, which had been published by SE.REMI Piedmont Region (Regional Reference Service of Epidemiology for surveillance, prevention and control of Infectious Diseases) at the following link https://www.seremi.it/sites/default/files/Vaccino%20nei%20confronti%20del%20Papillomavirus%20Umano_Monaco.pdf
Thus, the Report is nowhere to be found and we believe we will publish it in full to provide citizens with more complete information.
The report, in slideshow format, consists of 180 pages.
Page 22 shows the number of adverse reports for HPV Gardasil and Cervarix vaccines in Lombardy and Piedmont between 2009 and 2013: in Lombardy there are 1909 and far exceed the reports relating to all other vaccines on the market.
On pages 29 and 30 we find the classification of pathologies diagnosed after the administration of HPV Gardasil and Cervarix vaccines. In particular, 75 cases (42 in Lombardy and 33 in Piedmont) of nervous system pathologies after Gardasil and 609 cases of nervous system pathologies (594 in Lombardy and 15 in Piedmont) after Cervarix are mentioned. In addition, 333 cases of musculoskeletal and connective tissue pathologies after Cervarix and further 1561 cases of systemic pathologies relating to the administration site are reported in Lombardy.
On page 39, a slide shows the number of 585 reports of loss of consciousness following the administration of Gardasil HPV vaccine, including 4 deaths.
In slides 71 to 75, however, the "most serious reactions" are listed:
- after administration of Cervarix, 17 February 2012, asthenia, blindness, dysphagia, encephalopathy, difficulty walking, speech disorder appear after 12 days. The appearance of asthenia, headache and fever has been reported since the day following vaccination. Therefore the subject aged 12 years is hospitalized in neuroreanimation for the worsening of vital functions and the almost total loss of the visus. Partial improvement of the visus was observed at discharge about one month after admission and methylprednisolone and plasmapheresis therapy was performed.
- 2 cases of diplopia (eye pathology). One case associated with wheezing that occurred on the same day after the third dose of Cervarix.
- Two cases of demyelinating disease have been reported, one of which following Gardasil administration within a month, and one case of a 16-year-old girl who presented paresthesias about 15 days after the first dose of Cervarix. Following the tests carried out, multiple sclerosis was diagnosed.
In addition, 95 cases of acute disseminated encephalomyelitis (ADEM) have been reported (on page 42) after administration of Gardasil and 9 after administration of Cervarix.
Among the cases cited (pages 99-100):
- 13-year-old Caucasian girl hospitalized for unilateral second and third cranial nerve deficiency and objective signs of meningo-encephalitis. Negative pathological history. MRI of the brain revealed the presence of multiple ring-expanding lesions located in the thalamus, bridge and insula of the white matter.
- A 12-year-old girl was hospitalized for numbness of her left foot, difficulty walking and speech disorder. History and negative laboratory tests for infectious diseases. During hospitalization, neurological conditions deteriorated and the girl developed enuresis, faecal incontinence and dysphagia. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the brain revealed the presence of multiple ring-expanding lesions at the subcortical level, of the bridge, of the emergence of the trigeminal and at the level of the midbrain.